Thoughts -- Sane and Otherwise

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Okay, I admit that I read about and thought very interesting the collaboration between Nike and Apple's iPod that provides you with music and monitoring on your daily run. I didn't think it was interesting enough to actually buy the equipment or start running again. But I can see the benefit to runners.

In my opinion, technology is supposed to eliminate the need for me to sweat -- making sweat slightly more enjoyable is a distant second. It's not that I am against exercise. I would love to have that sort of free time.

I love the idea of exercise routines with the Wii. DDR can be considered really something very close, certainly on the higher levels. Alas, I don't have a Wii. Otherwise I would make my shirt that says "I can't workout without needing to take a Wii."

As far as accompanying exercise with appropriate music, I have done this all my life, starting with strapping a boom box to the handlebars of a BMX bike that weighed a fraction of what the music player weighed. That was back in 19-- uh, that was a long time ago. Viva la iPod.

1 Comments:

Blogger OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

You made me laugh with your first two paragraphs!

Tom

November 7, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home