Thoughts -- Sane and Otherwise

Friday, October 10, 2008

I set out a goal for myself a number of years ago that my new bride considered at the time to be overly simplistic. In recent days, she has reconsidered the wisdom of this goal and agrees that it is indeed "worthy." So I'm tossing it out there for the consideration of others:

My goal in life is to be able to get up in the morning, grab the newspaper, and open it -- fully confident that there is absolutely nothing contained within it that could possibly have any undesirable effect on my life or lifestyle.

Of course, the goal changes with time -- the last time I got up in the morning and grabbed a newspaper off my driveway, Bill Clinton was still playing "Hide the cigar" with interns. I will settle for substituting "all online news outlets" for "newspaper." The fact that I'm not alone in this is very well proven by the plummeting circulation rates and revenues of traditional newspaper companies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home